We are moving Microsoft To Do’s backend to a more efficient service. For the best experience across all of your devices, you need to update to the latest version. Make sure your mobile and desktop To Do apps are version 2.49 or higher before end of October 2021 to avoid any issues with cross device syncing. Also since To Do tasks are also linked with Outlook Android and iOS apps. Please make sure that you update your Outlook android and iOS apps as well. If your organization does not use Microsoft To Do, you can disregard this message.
Updated September 23, 2021: Reminder to update Microsoft To Do apps (Android, iOS, Windows and Mac) and Outlook apps(Android and iOS) to the latest available version before October 31, 2021
- Microsoft 365 suite
- Timing: Before October 31, 2021
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Action: Update Microsoft To Do apps (Android, iOS, Windows and Mac) and Outlook apps(Android and iOS) to the latest available version before October 31, 2021.
How this will affect your organization
After October 2021, To Do app versions 2.48 or below will no longer sync across devices, but you’ll still be able to use To Do in offline mode. After October 2021, you can keep your To Do apps syncing by updating your apps to the latest version. If you log out before updating to version 2.49 or higher, you will lose all un-synced data.
What you need to do to prepare
Please make sure you update your To Do apps(Android, iOS, Windows and Mac) and Outlook apps(Android and iOS) to the latest available version before 31st October 2021. Update your To Do apps to the latest version in the appropriate app store.
- For desktop versions of To Do, visit Windows Store or Mac App Store.
- For mobile versions of To Do, visit the Google Play Store or iOS Store.
- Microsoft Support > Important updates are available for Microsoft To Do apps
Message ID: MC280287
Published: 23 August 2021
Updated: 23 September 2021
Effective: October 31, 2021
Action required by date: 31 October 2021