We are changing the minimum iOS system requirements for Outlook for iOS and watchOS. If your organization does not use iOS or watchOS, you may disregard the below message.
- Exchange Online
- Microsoft 365 Apps
Outlook for iOS:
- Outlook for iOS is supported on the two most recent versions of iOS.
- With iOS 15 currently in beta, Outlook for iOS is preparing to remove support for iOS 13.
- Once iOS 15 is released to GA, the system requirements for Outlook for iOS will be updated to reflect support for iOS 15.
- Microsoft will update the minimum system requirements for the Outlook for iOS app from iOS 13 to iOS 14.
- Microsoft will remove support for watchOS 6.
- watchOS 7 and 8 will be the only supported versions for Apple Watch.
How does this affect me?
After iOS 15 is released, Outlook devices running iOS 13, or lower will no longer receive Office app updates. At that time, customers will be able to continue to use the older version of Outlook for iOS. Once they update their device to iOS 14 or above, they will receive the newest version of Outlook.
Over time, Outlook for iOS on iOS 13 devices will eventually stop synchronizing email and calendar data, unless they have a supported version of iOS.
This change does not affect anyone using Outlook for iOS apps on iOS 14 or above.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
You should consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate and communicate this change to your users to ensure they update their device operating system. Please click Additional Information to refer to the current minimum system requirements for Office 365.
Message ID: MC278676
Published: 17 August 2021
Updated: 17 August 2021
Effective: August 17, 2021