This new update makes Yammer conversations a whole lot better by providing several new features you are able to experience in Yammer starting now! See below for what’s available to users. This will rollout on desktop, web mobile, and Mac. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 70809.
Yammer conversations will soon have nested replies. This threading makes it easier for users to read and engage with conversations that have many comments by organizing replies together in a way that maintains context. This feature also includes improvements to: deleting comments, allowing users to deep link to specific replies, and improved community feed ordering.
When this will happen
Microsoft will begin rolling this out in early September and expect to complete rollout early October.
- Nested Replies: Yammer now has one level deep nesting which preserves the context around conversations, by grouping nesting replies to a comment, underneath the comment.
- Deep linking: Clicking on notifications in Yammer now takes you to the exact message that triggered the notification.
- Deletion Message: Yammer now allows you to delete content while still preserving the context around the discussion. The deleted content is replaced by a message that states this message has been deleted.
- Bi-directional Pagination: When you land in the middle of a long thread on Yammer, you will now be able to unroll the conversation in both directions (upwards and downwards pagination).
Now available only on web at the moment.
- Feed Sorting: You now have the option to sort the community feed which allows recent posts to show up first, ensuring your community feeds are easier to scan.
What you need to do to prepare
To experience these changes, users need to toggle the new Yammer experience. Additionally, you might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
- Sort feeds in Yammer
- Delete parts of a Yammer conversation
- Deep linking to a specific comment or reply in Yammer
- Nested replies
Message ID: MC276026
Effective: October 1, 2021