We are adding five new security improvement recommendations for Microsoft Teams in Microsoft Secure Score.
- Microsoft 365 suite
- Microsoft Teams
When this will happen
We will begin rolling this out in mid-July and complete by the late August 2021.
How this affects your organization
Microsoft Teams customers will see the below five new improvement actions in Secure Score.
- Restrict dial-in users from bypassing a meeting lobby.
- Limit external participants from having control in a Teams meeting.
- Restrict anonymous users from starting Teams meetings.
- Require lobbies to be set up for Teams meetings.
- Configure which users are allowed to be present in Teams meetings.
What you need to do to prepare
Microsoft Secure Score is a measurement of an organization’s security posture. Access Microsoft Secure Score at https://security.microsoft.com/securescore.
Microsoft Teams is one of the products that has improvement actions in Secure Score. We will continue to add suggested security actions on an ongoing basis.
- Introduction to Microsoft Secure Score
- What’s new with Microsoft Secure Score
- Security and Microsoft Teams
Message ID: MC267953
Published: 08 July 2021
Updated: 08 July 2021
Effective: July 15, 2021