Call Health Panel now provides Teams end-users functionality that helps identify issues during a Teams meeting or a VOIP call. This empowers end-user with the diagnostics to investigate audio, video, content sharing or network-related issues. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 70777.
- Microsoft Teams
When this will happen
We expect this rollout to begin in late June and expect to complete the rollout by late August.
How this will affect your organization
- Provides option for Teams end-user to examine audio/video/content sharing and network related issues through a call health panel presenting a list of parameters.
- Audio: Outbound and inbound audio statistics
- Video: Outbound video statistics
- Content Sharing: Outbound and Inbound content sharing statistics
- Network: Insights into the network health and connectivity
- The real-time metrics are updated every 15 seconds and provide end-users the ability to trace issues as they occur with the audio/video/content sharing/network quality.
- End-user can track parameters such as round-trip time, packet loss, etc. as the meeting progresses and infer the call quality.
This feature can be accessed when in a meeting. To access this feature please go to More actions (…) and click on Call Health. You will see a screenshot as shown below:
How to access the Call Health panel
Call Health Panel Views
What you need to do to prepare
You may want to notify your users about this new capability and update your documentation accordingly.
Message ID: MC265449
Published: 28 June 2021
Updated: 28 June 2021