Activity explorer within the Insider risk management solution provides risk investigators and analysts with a comprehensive tool that surfaces detailed information about alerts to enhance the alert triage experience. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap IDs 83952 and 83953.
- Microsoft 365 suite
When this will happen
- Standard: has rolled out and is available now.
- Government: will begin in early July and is expected to be complete by late July.
How this will affect your organization
With the Activity explorer, reviewers can quickly review a timeline of detected risky activity and identify and filter all risk activities associated with alerts. When reviewing activities in the Activity explorer, investigators and analysts can select a specific alert and open the activity details pane for additional context to assist with identifying the full scope of the risk activity that triggered the alert.
To use the Activity explorer, complete the following steps:
- In the Microsoft 365 compliance center, go to Insider risk management and select the Alerts tab.
- On the Alerts dashboard, select the alert you want to triage.
- On the Alerts detail pane, select Open expanded view.
- On the page for the selected alert, select the Activity explorer tab.
What you need to do to prepare
Learn more about Insider risk management alerts.
- Microsoft 365 compliance center for WWMT and GCC
- Microsoft 365 compliance center for GCC-High
- Microsoft 365 compliance center for DoD
Message ID: MC263848
Published: 22 June 2021
Updated: 22 June 2021