This new feature release will bring the PowerPoint Live in Teams entry point into PowerPoint for Mac. Clicking the “Present in Teams” button in PowerPoint will be the only step you need to take to present the deck in your Teams meeting. This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 82712.
Present your slides directly from the PowerPoint app to a Teams meeting via PowerPoint Live in Teams.
- Microsoft 365 Apps
When this will happen
We will begin rolling this out in late June (previously early June) and expect to complete the roll-out at the end of July (previously mid-July).
How this will affect your organization
Users can click the Present in Teams button in PowerPoint for Mac to present their slides into an ongoing Teams meeting in the PowerPoint Live mode.
There are two entry points users can choose from, one in the top right corner and the other under the Slide Show tab.
- Have the latest Teams desktop app installed.
- Have the latest PowerPoint for Mac installed
- Store the presentation on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.
- Join a Teams meeting before clicking the Present in Teams button in PowerPoint for Mac.
- Be using an Office 365 E3/A3, Office 365 E5/A5, or Microsoft 365 for Government license.
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Published: 07 May 2021
Updated: 22 June 2021
Message ID: MC255080