Instagram announced 10 new tools that are available to users under its photo filter menu. Instagram added that version 6.0 of its application was added to the iTunes App Store and Google Play Tuesday.
The 10 new tools are:
- Filter Strength
- Brightness – to make your photo brighter or darker
- Contrast – to make the bright areas of your photo brighter and the dark areas darker.
- Warmth – to shift the colors of your photo towards warmer orange tones or cooler blue tones.
- Saturation – to increase or decrease the color intensity of the image.
- Highlights – to adjust the focus on the bright areas of the image.
- Shadows – to adjust focus on the dark areas of the image.
- Vignette – to darken the edges of the photo. Adding a vignette can direct the attention away from the edges towards the center of the photo.
- Sharpen – to add crispness to your photo and make the photo appear clearer.
Post on Instagram Blog:
Today, we’re delighted to bring you a set of new creative tools on Instagram with the ability to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth, and more.
Inspiring creativity is incredibly important to us, and as the Instagram community grows, we’ve been excited to hear requests for more ways to creatively take hold of how your photos look and feel.
When you go to select a filter, you’ll now see a new wrench icon. Tap it and you’ll find a tray of photo editing tools ready for you to explore. You can also now adjust how much of a filter you apply to a photo by double-tapping the filter icon.
You take a photo to capture a moment, but often what you see in the photograph doesn’t feel the same as what you remember. From brightening up a photo of your dinner party to better capturing the warmth of a sunset portrait, these new creative tools help you bring out and share the beauty of the moment as you remember it — right inside the same simple Instagram you already know.