The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.
– Tim Bernes-Lee, W3C
Director and inventor of the Word Wide Web.
Over a billion people, about 15% of the world’s population, have some form of disability.
Source: World Health Organization
Over 13.2 million people in the United States are living with a disability
What makes a desktop website accessible:
– Websites navigable using the keyboard.
– Text only version of the website content.
– Feature to change the font size and colors.
What makes a mobile site accessible:
– Mobile sites built following the accessibility guidelines.
– Tests performed with screen readers connected to mobile devices.