Every single sphere in our lives has been greatly changed due to technological development. This is necessary to be ready to cope with modern challenges with the help of modern means. We need to be able to get adjusted to innovations and take advantages out of them easily.
Information and Communication Technology is a complex of means, techniques, and tools that are based on modern technologies and are meant to enhance any of the life spheres and bring privileges to people. The same goes for education. ICT in education stands not only for a student googling ‘help me write my assignment’. But mainly for teachers and students using modern technologies for high-quality communication, cooperation, evoking more interest and inspiration, nurturing practical skills and vital experience, and so on.
Table of contents
Top Used ICT Tools in Education
Fortunately, most schools, colleges, and teachers realize the importance of exploiting modern ICT tools and strive to implement innovative techniques during their classes as well as outside the lessons. Both students and teachers get more involved in the educational process with the help of the following top used ICT means:
- Social networks and blogs: they enable students to create and work in groups, publish and share the results of their work, let teachers track the progress, communicate and facilitate students during and out of classes.
- Scheduling tools and planners: such programs and tools are widely used to plan curriculum, appoint tests, exams, meetings, to send notifications to students and teachers, and control the study load and progress as well.
- Cloud storages: being able to share study materials and lectures, as well as assignments, teachers leave more space for discussions and interaction during classes. Such a strategy is called flipped classes, where students have to pre-study theoretical materials at home and come up for practice and discussion during class which significantly adds to the quality of the educational process in general.
- Interactive boards: the ability to share whiteboards, interactive boards, presentations, and more during either online or offline classes leads to enhanced interaction, adds to the interesting material presentation and increases student participation.
- Audio and video communication tools: audio and video communication tools perform great in the time of the pandemic. They actually managed to save education on all stages allowing students to keep on studying no matter the pandemic issues, as well as lack of ability to be present at classes, due to distant commute, health problems, or personal reasons.
This is far from the full list of tools and means you can exploit to enhance the education quality and outcomes. The more you explore and learn about ICT exploitation, the more benefits you will get in the end.
Perks of Using ICT in Education
Being properly introduced and exploited ICT is doomed to enhance the quality and results of education. Both teachers and teachers gain a lot from using ICT during classes, for self-education and homework preparation.
- Motivation: a range of graphics, presentations, video and audio content, interactive activities with the use of smartphones and other gadgets make the whole process much more interesting and increase motivation for students to perform better.
- Interactivity: digital tools and strategies increase interactivity rates as well. Students are not concentrated on paper books and assignments writing only. Yet, they participate actively during the whole process, counting new material presentation, acquisition tasks, comprehensive exercises, and testing. Various tools and methods allow the teacher to interact with students as a group and every one personally without extra time waste.
- Collaboration and communication: cooperation in virtual groups and pairs, working on digital projects together, with increased motivation, inspire and teach students on how to cooperate and reach better results together. This lead to easier and new-generation extended communication during classes as well.
- Creativity: modern tools usually break the limits and restrictions, yet not rules. This enables students to express their thoughts and ideas within tasks and projects, evoking their creativity and bringing up an innovative approach to classwork and homework.
- Personalization: with the list of tools at hand teacher can finally use different approaches which suit different students’ needs to boost their progress without interventing other students and minimum time wasted. This way, students gain new knowledge and skills at a personalized pace, means, and top positive outcomes.
- Vital skills: there is no need for teaching writing, they say, we should teach kids typing instead. The same goes for older students. With the help of ICT tools and mean, they can gain vital skills and proper education to apply them in real adult life later. This brings exceptional value to enhance the educational process with ICT.
Nowadays, ICT is an inevitable part of the educational process. The recent time has already revealed the urgent need for the education process and means to be transformed. This means that both teachers and students need to get used to modern technologies in terms of education as much as possible to have the educational process bring positive and useful outcomes.