The benefits of an effective enterprise video program are endless. Better corporate communication, higher employee engagement, increased employee performance, and driving necessary change across your organization are just a few. With more employees working remotely or during “flexible hours”, 45% of workers report they are dissatisfied with the communication they are receiving from senior management.
Read on this article to understand where the communications breakdown occurs in the workplace. Discover how simple it is to engage with your workforce to provide the real-time communication they need to stay informed and motivated.
As the rise of multinational corporation, home-working and flexible hours have dispersed employees into different locations and time zones, many organizations are facing a communication breakdown, with business leaders struggling to maintain the concept of single, unified workforce.
So just how bad is this problem, and how can communications technology help to provide office workers with the face-to-face time they demand?
How are today’s workers communicating with management?
- 45% of US employees are not satisfied with the communication from senior management.
- 43% of UU employees are not satisfied with the communication from senior management.
- 75% of workers don’t feel connected to their CEO, MD or management teams.
Speaking to the Masses
How does senior management communicate news and information to employees?
- 78% of workers hear company information from colleagues rather than through company channels.
- 48% of workers hear company information from external sources rather than company channels.
- 76% of companies rely on mass emails.
- 32% of employees use office porters.
- 31% of companies post updates on an HR intranet or web portal.
- 35% of companies rely on written, printed documents.
The age of NOW
What types of communication do today’s workers expect?
- 77% of US employees find visual content easier to digest and understand than written documents.
- 64% of office workers agree they trust a message more if they can see the person speaking.
- 77% of US employees believe that video calls are more effective than traditional voice calls.
- 72% of UK employees believe that video calls are more effective than traditional voice calls.
- 45% of US employees would use more video at work if their business’s internet connection was faster or more reliable.
- 37% of UK employees would use more video at work if their business’s internet connection was faster or more reliable.