Your conversation rate is influenced by every element on the page. At Taboola, strongly believe in A/B testing everything from the size of your font to button color. Simple tweaks may significantly influence performance.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Place an image in the center of the page or at the top of the article and to the side, wrapped with text.
Engage first, sell second
- You’re selling a product, and you shouldn’t hide that. However, content needs to start with engaging the user.
- Capture your reader’s attention with a compelling message that is informative and useful.
- Use your content to build/create trust and authority, rather than leading with the sale.
- Make sure to break your text up into short, easily-digestible paragraphs.
- Try to keep your article between 300 and 600 words. B2B content can be twice as long.
- Use the final third of your article to feature your product or service. Make sure that it’s well integrated into the content.
- Use bold sub-headers to increase the readability of your content.
- As a rule of thumb, you should have at least 2.
- Your call to action should be specific and simple.
- You can use bold or italicized text followed by a link to your action page.
- You can also use a button with enticing text.
- If you only need a simple bit of info like an email address, consider placing the form directly on the page instead of a button.
- In general, we suggest keeping form fields to a minimum.
Pop-ups and links
- Try to avoid pop-ups.
- Avoid linking up to pages outside of your site in the article body.
- If you do link to an outside site, open the link in a new tab/windows.
Right Rail Guidelines
- Remember that a lot of people have “right rail blindness”, so don’t reply on this section to drive your user to take action.
- Use the right rail sparingly for site navigation and secondary KPIs.
- You can also place a secondary call to action there.
- If you would like to integrate share bars, further navigation, or user comments into your article, use the bottom section of the page.
- Make sure these are placed below your call to action.