Anthos clusters on VMware
Anthos clusters on VMware 1.9.2-gke.4 is now available. To upgrade, see Upgrading Anthos clusters on VMware. Anthos clusters on VMware 1.9.2-gke.4 runs on Kubernetes v1.21.5-gke.1200.
The supported versions offering the latest patches and updates for security vulnerabilities, exposures, and issues impacting Anthos clusters on VMware are 1.9, 1.8, and 1.7.
With version 1.9.2, cert-manager is installed in the cert-manager namespace. Previously, for versions 1.8.2 to 1.9.1, cert-manager was installed in the kube-system namespace.
The cert-manager version is upgraded from 1.0.3 to 1.5.4.
If you already use any ClusterIssuer with a different cluster resource namespace from the default
cert-manager namespace, follow these steps if you upgrade to version 1.9.2.
* Manually copy the related certificates, secrets, or issuers to the
cert-manager namespace to use the installed cert-manager after upgrading to 1.9.2.
* If you need to use a different version of cert-manager, or if you need to install it in a different namespace, follow these instructions each time that you upgrade your cluster.
- Fixed an issue with cilium-operator not reconciling CiliumNode for Windows nodes when updating the cluster to add Windows node pools.
- Fixed issue which could temporarily result in no healthy CoreDNS pods present during cluster operations.
- Fixed issue where you cannot run
gkectl upgrade loadbalanceron a user cluster seesaw load balancer.
- Fixed issue where node_filesystem metrics report gives wrong size for
- Fixed CVE-2021-37159. Because of Ubuntu PPA version pinning, this vulnerability may still be reported as false positive by certain vulnerability scanning tools, even though the underlying vulnerability has been patched in the 1.9.2 release.
Cloud Monitoring now supports dashboard-wide grouping and filtering. For more information, see Dashboard-wide filters.