Device Policy mobile app for Android has been updated to provide several new features to assist organizations with meeting the challenge of both helping employees be more productive and protecting corporate data.
The new features include inactive account wipe, support for EAP-based WiFi networks, compromised device detection, and additional reporting fields to help admins better understand the devices their employees use and to troubleshoot issues.
- Inactive account wipe: Set policies that will wipe an inactive account from a device if it has not been synced for a predetermined number of days, so a lost device that wasn’t reported or the old device left in a drawer does not cause a security risk.
- Support for EAP-based WiFi Networks: Configure settings and distribute certificate authority (CA) based certs for EAP networks.
- Compromised device detection: Set policies that will detect signals for common forms of a compromised device, such as “rooting” or installing a custom “ROM”, and block that device.
- Additional reporting fields: Access new reporting fields via the API and Admin console to better understand the devices that are in use and troubleshoot issues. Additional fields include: Serial number, IMEI, MEID, WiFi MAC address, baseband version, kernel version, build number, mobile operator/carrier, language settings, and account ownership/management.
Learn more about the launch and mobile management.
* Google Apps Mobile Management is only available for Google Apps for Business, Education, and Government customers.