2013 will house some of the biggest growth spurts in digital marketing that we’ve ever seen. The number of social network users is growing astronomically. There are now over 1 billion smartphone users on the planet and 175,000 new blogs born everyday. It’s clear that social, content, and mobile / SMS marketing are a key trio marketers will be focused on in 2013. Here are some fresh statistics to wet your appetite…
Social Network Marketing
– Social media produces almost twice the marketing leads that trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC do.
– Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than average lead conversion rates.
– 46% of online users rely on social media when media when making purchase decisions.
– 63% of companies say posting valuable content on social media has increased marketing effectiveness.
– 52% of marketers have found a customer via Facebook in 2013.
– 43% of marketers have found a customer via LinkedIn in 2013.
– 36% of marketers have found a customer via Twitter in 2013.
– 67% of Twitter user are more likely to buy from a brand they’re following.
– 70% of people in the U.S. say they would like to receive offers on their mobile phones.
– The number of US mobile coupon users will jump from 12.3 million in 2010 to 53.2 million in 2014, due to the rapid spread of smartphone users.
– 90% mobile searches related to restaurants have a conversion rate of 90% with 64% converting within the hour.
– 98% of text messages are read, compared to 22% of emails, 29% of tweets and 12% of Facebook posts.
– SMS marketing campaigns are opted out less than 5% of the time.
– SMS marketing coupons are 10 times more likely to be redeemed and shared than mail or newspaper coupons.
– 22% of mobile coupons are shared with at least 1 friend.
– Because 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content, they are also more likely to buy from that company.
– 78% of consumers believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them,
– Blogs on company sites result in 55% more visitors.
– Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines.
– Leads from inbound / content marketing cost on average 61% less ($135 vs. $346) than outbound marketing leads.
– 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site.
This post was last modified on January 28, 2018 10:24 pm