Enterprises are under siege from a rising volume of cyberattacks. At the same time, the global demand for skilled professionals sharply outpaces supply. Unless this gap is closed, organizations will continue to face major risk. Comprehensive educational and networking resources are required to meet the needs of everyone from entry-level practitioners to seasoned professionals.
Too many threats:
- 62% increase in breaches in 2013.
- 1 in 5 organizations have experienced an APT attack.
- US$3 trillion total global impact of cybercrime.
- 8 months is the average time an advanced threat goes unnoticed on victim’s network.
- 2.5 billion expose records as a result of a data breach in the past 5 years.
Too few professionals:
- 62% have not increased security training in 2014.
- 1 out of 3 security pros are not familiar with advanced persistent threats.
- <2.4% graduating students hold computer science degrees.
- 1 million unfilled security jobs worldwide.
- 83% of enterprises currently lack the right skills and human resources to protect their OT assets.