45% of consumers initiated a purchase over the phone in the last year. 70% of those callers were placed on hold with the average caller’s time on hold is 57 seconds.
– Business executives spend 15 minutes a day on hold.
– 94% of most marketing budgets is spent on persuading a customer to call.
– 6% of most marketing budgets is spent on handling the customer’s call.
– 68% of callers stay on the line if they hear relevant information.
– 12% of callers stay on the line if they hear silence.
– 34% of callers who hang up do not call back.