What happens when you’ve outgrown your basic accounting software? It means it’s time for better business management software. This article, Cloud ERP’s Starter’s Guide, will guide you through the steps of looking for a true cloud ERP that will help you take your business to the next level.
The article will also share:
- Signs and symptoms you’ve outgrown your software
- Why you may need a business management solution
- Whether a cloud-based system is right for your organization
- How to choose the right solution vendor [checklist]
Increasingly complicated business processes require a robust ERP solution. Learn more now.
You’ve outgrown your basic accounting software. Your business is growing, along with your transaction volumes, process complexity, and information reporting needs. Increasingly complicated business processes are too much for Quickbooks and products like it; it’s time for better business management software. Cloud computing provides robust, cost-effective solutions for small and medium-sized businesses to help you meet customer demands and keep stock in balance.
Signs and symptoms you’ve outgrown your software
- Your sales are growing but you don’t have the right inventory to meet customer demand.
- You have excess inventory, because you’re keeping extra safety stock in order to avoid stock-outs.
- You order fill or item fill rates are failing and so is customer satisfaction.
- Customers are complaining that their invoices don’t match the goods they ordered or received.
Why do I need business management software?
Business management software treats business events as end-to-end processes. When a completed order is shipped, inventory balances are immediately updated and an invoice can be produced. An enterprise resource planning (ERP) system can reduce transaction cycle time, as well as the manpower and paper transactions necessary to execute them.
No more islands of information
Data is instantly updated when transaction occur, so decisions made regarding inventories, cash balances, or purchase commitments are based on the most current information. “Islands of information” are eliminated; everyone makes decisions based on the same data.
Why the cloud?
- Cloud-based ERP solutions are ideal for small but growing businesses, providing robust functionality and sophisticated reporting capabilities.
- They can be deployed in a variety of platforms and configurations, reducing costs.
- Cloud-based systems are flexible enough to fit any size business, so they grow with the company
- How long has the vendor been in business?
- What has their year-to-year growth rate been?
- Does the product have the core modules you need to run your business?
- Does the product have features you need (now or in the future), such as multi-currency support, multi-warehouse support, and varied pricing capabilities.
- Does your vendor have global reach, with overseas offices and partners who can help your succeed.