Despite continued uncertainty about the economy, nearly half of B2B markerters plan to increase their marketing budgets this year. – BtoB Magazine
– 48.7% of marketers plan to increase their budgets this year, up from 40.1% in 2012.
– 67.2% of marketers plan to increase their digital marketing spending this year.
Content is King – We have increasingly found that our customers want to consume content, which is the center of B2B marketing. – Rishi Dave, Dell Inc.
B2B Marketers use an average of 12 content marketing tactics.
– 77% of B2B content marketers use blogs.
– 70% of B2B content marketers use videos.
– 52.5% of B2B content marketers are increasing their search marketing budgets in 2013.
– 35.5% of B2B content marketers are planning to increase their spending on mobile marketing this year.
– 55.8% of marketers plan to increase their online video budgets in 2013.
– 70% of B2B marketers utilized video content in 2012 up from 52% in 2011.
2013 MVPs (Most Valuable Players)
We feel there is value in all media, whether it’s out-of-home, digital, television or print. That said, we’ll probably be focusing more on digital. – Tom Haas, CMO, Siemens Corp.
– 72.2% of B2B marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
– 67% of B2B marketers rate in-person events as the most effective content marketing tactic.
– More than 1/2 of B2B Marketers rate videos as the most effective content marketing tactic.
– 87% of B2B marketers use social media to distribute content, up from 74% in 2011.
– 52.3% of B2B marketers plan to invest in sales enablement platforms this year, and 50.8% will invest in marketing automation systems.
– 56% of B2B Marketers plan to expand their budgets into social media in 2013.