Nearly three-quarters of IT executives view mobile technology as transformational or strategic for their organizations.15 To understand mobile transformations in detail, it’s worth considering the specific goals and needs of various stakeholders, including managers, workers, and IT.
What Does Your Mobile Workforce Need?
- Secure, easy access to the files and services they need without VPNs or risky public-cloud services
- Simplicity, not complexity: one interface for all sources of files and content, including Windows File Share, SharePoint, Documentum, and cloud storage platforms like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox
- Context for files: notes and discussions for understanding files and data accessed on a mobile device
- Ability to edit and annotate files securely
- Ability to share files easily with trusted users both inside and outside the organizations
- Task management for managing projects on the go
- A mobile UI that makes it easy to transfer files from folder to another
- AV protection
- Remote wipe capabilities that don’t threaten personal data
What Do Most Management Teams Want from a Mobile Workforce?
- Innovation of business processes and offerings
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- No increased risk to security or compliance
- Leveraging existing investments
What Does IT Need to Meet Its Own Goals?
- Centralized control and monitoring
- Data security for all devices and for all business data, whether in transit or at rest
- Flexible, scalable architectures that allow investments to be made precisely where they are needed
- True integration with legacy systems without cumbersome patches or lengthy development projects