Apple released the iOS 8.1 Beta (Build 12B401) to registered developers for testing purpose, comes with a lot of minor changes compare with iOS 8.0.2.
The complete list of changes in iOS 8.1 Beta are as follows:
- iBooks icon has been slightly refreshed.
- New Enable Dictation toggle at Settings > General > Keyboards.
- Apps permissions screen has been slightly tweaked with new options.
- The Recently Added album in Photos app has been renamed to Camera Roll and the My Photo Stream album also makes a dramatic return.
- When you’re selecting a new widget to place in Notification Center, the app icons are now larger than before.
Other changes include a hidden menu for Apple Pay is part of this point update and is not available to access for everyone just yet. And the rest of the changes pertain to bug fixes and performance fixes.
Hidden settings on the iOS 8.1 beta include a string of code that references Apple Pay and Touch ID (Apple’s mobile fingerprint scanner) support on iPads, according to a report from MacRumors [iOS 8.1 Carries Hidden Settings for Apple Pay, References Touch ID Support for iPad].
While NFC will be used in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and eventually Apple Watch to process Apple Pay transactions in the real world, there’s also a software element to the service. For instance, Apple demoed the Target app using Apple Pay to handle transactions with Touch ID in its iOS app. Other apps like Uber also plan to integrate the payments system. Since Touch ID is the security linchpin of Apple Pay, it makes sense for the iPad to get the fingerprint sensor for processing transactions in iOS. [Cult of Mac: iOS 8.1 beta includes Apple Pay settings with Touch ID for iPad reference]
Source: Redmond Pie [Here Is What’s New In iOS 8.1 Beta For iPhone And iPad]