Microsoft announces that the Azure Information Protection Client 184.108.40.206 is now generally available!
Install the Azure Information Protection unified labeling client (AzInfoProtection_UL) for labels that can be used by macOS, iOS, Android, and that don’t need HYOK protection. The Azure Information Protection classic client was deprecated in March, 2021. To deploy the AIP classic client, open a support ticket to get download access.
This version includes the following fixes and enhancements for the unified labeling scanner and client:
- Azure Information Protection unified labeling scanner and client in General Availability: version 220.127.116.11
Updating Authentication Library to MSAL
Starting in 18.104.22.168, MSAL will be the default authentication library for AIP UL client and AIP Scanner, replacing ADAL from the previous versions.
For the AIP add-in, users should see no impact as we will use token cache or the integrated Windows authentication (SSO) before prompting the use to log in again.
For the AIP PowerShell and AIP Scanner, reauthentication is required. To reauthenticate, use the PowerShell cmdlet Set-AIPAuthentication after uprading to this version.
Fixes and improvements
This version of the unified labeling client and scanner provides the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed an issue where msg.pfile was not opening in AIP Viewer.
- Fixed an issue with the performance of GetLabel/SetLabel.
- Fixed issues with handling of IQP protected files.
- Fixed an issue with Set-AIPFileLabel crashes.
- Fixed an issue with audit logging in AIP Viewer for protected PDFs.
- Fixed an issue with co-authoring where users could not apply labels for certain cultures with special characters (i.e. “tr-TR”).
- Fixed an issue with super user protection for Set-AIPFileLabel -RemoveProtection if label was not published by super user.
Supported Operating System: Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019, Windows 11
Released: 01 September 2022
Download: Azure Information Protection Client 22.214.171.124
Release information: Azure Information Protection unified labeling client – Release management and supportability Version 126.96.36.199