Download this AIIM white paper on ECM and the Cloud (WVL12365USEN) to learn about the challenges and priorities for businesses today, and discover how Social Business Systems and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) on cloud solutions can solve variety of issues. Find out what’s driving the move to cloud-based ECM, learn about the processes organizations need to put in place, and discover the mission-critical technologies for successful cloud-based implementations. Get insights into the need for governance, collaboration, and efficient searching, and find key recommendations for creating a seamless, productive and secure ECM environment.
From AIIM white paper on ECM and the Cloud, You’ll learn:
- Why data breaches and privacy continue to be major causes for concern, as well as unauthorized access and content sharing.
- How the demand for mobile interaction is gaining ground, especially the iPad, iPhone comes, Windows tablets and Androids.
- Additional concerns for ECM on the cloud, such as downtime, content ownership and future migration capabilities.
Drivers (Managing content in the cloud is on the radar for majority of organizations):
- 47% are using cloud or combination of cloud and on-premise ECM today. 37% are planning cloud use in the future.
- In many organizations, LOB (Line of Business) managers (22%) and the CEO (21%) are likely to buy cloud content products. Most purchasing decisions are made by IT (49%) or CIO (47%).
- For 74% of organizations, security and data governance are the most important factors in choosing a cloud service. 43% indicate that integration with their on-premise systems is important to them.
- Data breaches are major concern for 67% of respondents, reinforcing that security and data are key factors for selection. 57% are concerned about unauthorized access and 47% with unauthorized content sharing.
- When it comes to mobile device use, 65% see this as very to extremely important, with iPad topping the list at 64% while iPhone comes in at 43%. Looking beyond Apple for tablet use, it is close between Windows tablets coming in at 32% followed by Android at 31%
- The challenge in collaboration use seems to lie beyond the enterprise with 34% citing collaboration with suppliers and 38% with customers. 84% cite collaborative use between internal employees.
Process (There is a definite need for better search, capture, and access capabilities across the enterprise):
- More than half of respondents (54%) indicate they frequently have to search multiple repositories to find essential content. A further 39% indicate they sometimes have to search across multiple repositories.
- 51% are spending more than 10% of their time searching for content. This includes 8% spending more than 30% of their time searching.
- 28% cite they have no retention policies in place for cloud. This includes 14% citing they do not have retention policies at all.
- Mobile interaction as part of a process is seen as extremely to very important for 65% of organizations 66% indicate review and approval workflows are most used in their organizations.
Technology (Security, access, and integration are key elements of a cloud solution):
- 44% indicate their main collaboration system is part of their existing ECM/DM system. Only 8% they are using stand-alone, cloud-based collaboration, document management, and file-sharing systems.
- There is an equal balance of respondents indicating hybrid environments of “mostly on-premise and some cloud” both in-place now (28%) and planned for the future (28%). The same holds true of plans for private and public cloud.
- For 38%, downtime is of concern for cloud use while 36% indicate concerns of content ownership and future migration capabilities. 51% of respondents indicate data exposure and privacy are key concerns.
- Focus on integration and interoperability is indicated, with alignment between cloud and on-premise systems cited as extremely important by 36% of respondents. An additional 42% of respondents indicate alignment between cloud and on-premise systems is very important to them.
Signup and download now.