Why you need to use Instagram and take it seriously? Instagram generates a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58x more engagement per follower than Facebook and 120x more engagement per follower than Twitter.
Step 1: Fill out your Instagram profile completely
- Profile Picture
- Link to your website
- Photos: Be sure that you’ve taken at least seven images before you begin promoting your profile. Lifestyle and personal images tend to do best.
Step 2: Connect your Instagram and Facebook account
It will help your Facebook friends find and follow you on Instagram. 20% of all users of the service are also on Facebook.
Step 3: Consistently comment on other images
The more you comment on other’s photos the more followers you receive. On average, there are 575 likes and 81 comments on a picture per second. When you comment, people are 401% more likely to follow you in this case.
Tips on commenting:
- Use Iconosquare to comment from your computer to save time.
- Search for a relevant hashtag.
- Comment on photos no more than 2 days late.
- Comment on photos with fewer than five other comments to get more ROI.
Step 4: Like a lot of posts
If you want to grow your account by a few hundred followers a day, the best way to accomplish it is to randomly like thousands of images a day.
The Neil Patel Instagram had great results with this strategy. For every 100 likes he did on random photos of other [not currently following] users, he generated 21.7 likes on his photos and 6.1 more followers.
Step 5: Discover the best hashtags
Use Webstagram Too 100 to see the overall trends and top picks for hashtags on Instagram.
Step 6: Place a hashtagged feed of Instagram posts on your website or blog
This way, visitors to your site can notice your Instagram account and send you follows.
Tools for adding feeds:
Note: Instagram offers 5 different types / sizes of badges for your website.
Step 7: Tag people
Tag and mention the accounts that are relevant to you and the pictures you’re posting which can get you additional followers and shoutouts. @mentiones in captions receive 56% more engagement.
Step 8: Share a link to your profile on other social channels and email
Step 9: Use geo-tagging for your pictures and your store
Instagram revealed a photo maps feature which lets users see the pictures that were taken from a certain location. Adding a location results in 79% higher engagement.
Actions: Connect your Instagram via Foursquare to turn on this feature.
Step 10: Come up with a great posting strategy
Good content = more followers … why else would they want to follow you?
- Share photos, not videos: On average each photo receives 37 interactions per 1,000 followers. On the other hand, each video only gets 24 interactions per 1,000 followers.
- User Mayfair filter: Mayfair brings in on average 23.044 interactions (the highest of all filters).
- Take advantage of posting on Sundays: On average, Sunday posts get you the most interactions per 1,000 followers VS other days of the week.
- Slap on many Hashtags: On average larger brands on Instagram with more than 1,000 followers receive 21.21 interactions / post. Accounts with less than 1,000 followers on a post with 11 hashtags received an average of 77.66 interactions.
- Fill out your Instagram profile completely, and make sure that you have at least seven high-quality images on your account
- Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook account
- Comment on as many images as you can
- Like as many images as you can
- Have a posting strategy
Source from crazyegg