NieR: Automata limited by various technical issues. In this article, we’re going to list a series of workarounds that you can use to fix the most frequent NieR: Automata bugs.
Glory to mankind! pic.twitter.com/saNL6C4Vrd
— NieR:Automata (@NieRGame) March 18, 2017
White screen crashes on AMD
- Uninstall all drivers by using the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility
- Download and install 16.11.5 drivers
- Disable Xbox DVR in registry
- Use borderless window if necessary.
NieR Automata freezes on GTX 780 Ti
- Go to driver settings page > change the Anti Aliasing configuration mode to override the game’s settings
- Turn off Anisotropic filtering
- Go to Power management mode and select maximum performance
- Put V-sync on adaptable.
Low FPS issues (NVIDIA)
The following instructions will help you to run NieR: Automata at 1080p/60Hz/60FPS.
Use the following in-game settings:
- Windowed Mode
- V-Sync: OFF
- AA: OFF
- MotionBlur: OFF
- HBAO: ON
- Anisotropic Filter: x16
Open GForce Driver Settings > select Manage 3D Settings
Go to Program Settings > add nierautomata.exe to the list.
Use the following settings:
- Antialiasing Mode: Override any Application Setting
- Antialiasing Setting: x2 (or higher if you can)
- Power Management Mode: prefer maximum performance
- Texture Filtering – Anisotropic sample opti: OFF
- Vertical Sync: Adaptive (60Hz) or Adaptive (half refresh rate / 30Hz/fps)