Steps to completely turn off / disable Live tile preview feature for all apps in Windows 8 and later Windows versions such as Windows 8.1, Windows 10, etc.
Method 1: Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
- Type gpedit.msc in RUN or Start search box and press Enter to open Group Policy Editor.
- Go to: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications
- Set Turn off tile notifications option to Enabled.
Method 2: Using Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
- Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
- Create new key under CurrentVersion key and name it as PushNotifications
- Select PushNotifications key and create DWORD NoTileApplicationNotification set to 1.
- Close Registry Editor and restart to take effect.
Note: You may notice that some apps still show live previews on their tiles because those apps have stored old live previews in cache. Follow below steps to delete old cached live previews:
- Start, press Win+C, click on Settings > Tiles option.
- Click on Clear button at Clear personal info from my tiles.