Who uses Social Media for Recruiting? Everyone.
- 73% of 18-34 year olds found their last job through social media.
- 30% of all Google searches are employment related.
- 14.4 million job seekers have used social media to find a job.
- 94% of companies are using social media to recruit.
- 73% of companies hired a candidate through social media.
- 94% of recruiters use or plan to use social media for recruiting.
- 89% of recruiters have hired someone through LinkedIn.
Using social media to recruit has benefits
- Employers found over 40% improvement in candidate quality over candidates sourced only through traditional recruiting channels.
- 59% of recruiters rated candidates sourced from social networks as “highest quality”.
- 94% of companies are using social to recruit, but many are applying outdated strategies to these new mediums from hiring. They focus on just one network: LinkedIn.
There’s a Shocking Disconnect in all the Numbers
- 93% of companies use LinkedIn for recruiting.
- 36% of job seekers are active on LinkedIn.
- 66% of companies use Facebook for recruiting.
- 83% of job seekers are active in Facebook.
- 54% of companies use Twitter for recruiting.
- 40% of job seekers are active on Twitter.
You have to know where to look to find the best talent, and how to use different social media networks to reach them.
Source from Carver