Problem: Windows 7 Update encountered an unknown Error Code 800B0100 and 8007000D. Some updates were not installed.
For Windows Server OS: After you install several Updates, you notice you cannot add or remove features/roles in the Server Manager. Error: Unexpected error refreshing Server Manager: Exception from HRESULT:0x800F0818
Alternatively you can also get:
Server Manager: Unexpected error refreshing Server Manager: No signature was present in the subject. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800B0100)
Method 1: Fix Server Manager Errors after installing updates System Update Readiness Tool
- Download and Run Microsoft Update Readiness Tool.
- Check the CheckSUR.log (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log) to find out which files cause problems and identify the KB number.
- Download the update file from the internet (a “.msu”-file).
- Extract the “.cab”-file from the “.msu”-file.
- Inside the “.cab”-file look for the files from the “CheckSUR.log” and replace them in “C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages”
Method 2: Scan and clean up Registry Key using RegSeeker
* RegSeeker supported Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (x86 and x64 platforms)
Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [October 2014]
Windows Support: Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool
Microsoft Technet: How to fix Server Manager Errors after installing updates (HRESULT:0x800F0818 / HRESULT:0x800B0100)