Problem: When you open or launch Microsoft Office Program such as Excel, Word or Outlook, it show not responding error, “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly” error, crashes, hangs, stopped working or freezes.
Solution: Start Microsoft Office 365 products in safe mode and disabling third party COM add-ins.
Step 1: Start Microsoft Office program in safe mode by pressing and holding Ctrl while you start the program or by using “/safe” (that is, excel.exe /safe) option when you start the program from command line.
Step 2: If the issue is resolved, click File > Options > Add-ins.
Step 3: Select COM Add-ins and click Go.
Step 4: Clear all the check boxes in the list and click OK.
Step 5: Close and restart Program.
Step 6: If the issue does not occur after disabling the COM add-ins, try start enabling the add-ins one at a time until the issues occurs. This will allow you to figure out which add-in is causing the problem.
If above mentioned method unable to resolve the issue, please try other alternative as below:
1. Install the latest Windows Update can often correct problems by replacing out-of-date files and fixing vulnerabilities.
2. Check to make sure Excel is not in use by another process
3. Repair Microsoft Office application programs
4. Check to see if your antivirus software is up-to-date or conflicting with Excel
5. Change Default Printer by assigning Microsoft XPS Document Writer as default printer
6. Uninstall and Reinstall Office
Microsoft Support: How to troubleshoot crashing and not responding issues with Excel