Advice and Mentorship
- Develop industry contacts by using networking tools like LinkedIn.
- Volunteer for community service.
- Join university alumni groups, trade associations and local civic organizations like your chamber of commerce.
- Establish a social media presence and promote it.
- Serve as the primary salesperson for your company.
- Inspire word-of-mouth marketing, which is less expensive and often more effective.
- Know what sets you, your company and your “brand” apart.
- Gain trust from potential customers.
Knowledge and Resources
- Exchange business cards and get small business ideas from others in your field.
- Use search engine optimization to increase your company’s online visibility.
- Identify the top seven people to meet at an event and establish goals for each interaction.
- Invest in customer relationship management software to build on interactions and promote business income growth.
- Develop and foster new relationships, which may be funding resources.
- Look to local resources for early-stage investors.
Information is accurate as of July, 2016 and is intended for use by USAA, its members, and prospects. USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its affiliates.
Source from USAA: Small Business Ideas for Networking
Social Media Is Important to Marketing Strategy—in All Industries by Avantech
Social media is called social for a reason by Kim Siever
How to Write an Expert RoundUp Post the Right Way by Long Tail Pro Team
Get Out of Your Cube and Learn Something by Jim Sterne
Behind every great business is a great story! by Sue Collins
How to Make Beautiful Blog Thumbnails Easily in Less Than 2 Minutes by Logic Inbound
E-Commerce: offer discounts and earn more money by Your Inspiration
The Secret Meaning Behind Your Favorite Brands’ Colors by BYM Agency
10 Traffic-Driving Blog Post Ideas! by Profitable Weddings
Are You Playing Small Because You Are Big? by Megan Tsui
Re-Establishing my Business Vision by JACOB ALDRIDGE
2016 SMART Goals – January Update by Kirsty
Create a Facebook Fan Page to Sell a Home by Ross Hair
Is Facebook ruining our (real) social lives? by Cara Pring
The Psychology of Social Engagement by taylormarek
Advertising On Facebook Ads by Small Business Shift
3 Tips for Your Content Strategy by Iain Murray
Social Media Tactics: Do’s & Don’ts by Iain Murray
Social Media Checklists: Part 1 by Evans On Marketing
The Trinity of Social Media by Steven
Social Media ROI Part 2: Research Approaches by MetricsMan
Five Things You Should Know About Social Media ROI by MetricsMan