Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will be released in US on August 24, one day after Samsung’s Unpacked event in New York City, according to Best Buy employee who posted on Reddit.
According to ET News (Korea IT News), schedule for announcement of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and sales of Galaxy Note 8 in South Korea as below:
- Aug 23: Announcement of Galaxy Note 8 in New York
- Aug 25 – 31: Events for experiencing Galaxy Note 8 beforehand (Samsung Digital Plaza, mobile network providers’ retail stores)
- Sep 1 – 10: Preorder period for Galaxy Note 8
- Sep 11: Event for activation of first Galaxy Note 8 by three South Korean mobile network providers (celebrity event)
- Sep 11 – 14: Sequential activations of Galaxy Note 8 preorders
- Sep 15: Official release date of Galaxy Note 8
Read more on etnews: Samsung Electronics Decides on a Roadmap for Galaxy Note 8 Sales
- Remove the physical Home button.
- Relocate fingerprint scanner included to the rear of the handset.
- Improved S Pen stylus, will feature an inbuilt motor collaborates with Find My Mobile app.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor SoC or Exynos 8895 is expected to be coupled with 6GB of RAM
- Official model number:SM-N950U for Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor SoC model and SM-N950F for Exynos 8895 model.
- US variant will ship with Snapdragon 835 SoC model while non-US markets will get Exynos 8895 SoC model.
GeekBench Test for samsung SM-N950U
GeekBench Test for samsung SM-N950F
- 6.3-inch Super AMOLED screen coated in Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with Galaxy S8’s Infinity design display, capable of offering a high 1440 x 2960-pixel QuadHD resolution with 18:5:9 aspect ratio.
- Will include pressure-sensitive display will be used to replace all the functionality of a home button and open a hidden menu with shortcuts to different features.
- Will retail at a price tag in excess of $1,000 in the United States, cost €999 (or approx Rs 75,749).
- Will be able to offer 3x optical zoom using dual-pixel camera sensor auto-focus technology with 12MP mounted at the back.
- Improved low-light performance and suspected augmented reality (AR) application that is able to measure the distance and height of subjects in the photo.
Read more on ValueWalk: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Rumors Escalate Ahead Of Launch Date
- Expected to have Android 7.1.1 Nougat at launch.
Android O release scheduled for the week of 8/21, “most likely on the 21st itself.”
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 12, 2017
- Running Samsung Internet 5.2 web browser.
- Scored 488 out of a total of 555 points in HTML5 test.
- Non-removable 3,300mAh Li-Po battery.
- May offer two options of internal storage, one with 64GB and one with 128GB; at least 64GB of onboard storage that can be upgraded up to 256GB via microSD expansion slot.
- IP68 certification for dust and water resistance rating.
- Vertically longer than Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Read more on Inquisitr: AS RELEASE NEARS, SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8 SHOWS UP AGAIN IN BENCHMARKING SITE
— Phandroid (@Phandroid) August 7, 2017
Yes, this is Note8. pic.twitter.com/ieQzwmpT2O
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) July 14, 2017
- Will include wireless charging and feature a Type-C USB port.
- Will be 8.5 mm thick with 162.5×74.6 mm dimensions.
- Eight color variants includes midnight black, arctic silver, orchid gray/violet, coral blue, dark blue, deep sea blue, pink and gold, according to Samsungvgn.com.
Read more on Firstpost: Leaked benchmark report suggests that the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will come with 6 GB of RAM
- Reports suggest that Samsung is planning to launch ‘Emperor Edition’ of Galaxy Note 8 as well, which will feature 6GB RAM and 256GB storage.
- Built-in ‘Bixby’ AI assistant
TopHandyBundles: Galaxy Note 8 – die aktuellen Gerüchte und Infos zum neuen Topmodell von Samsung
Stephanie Hawn Blog: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – Release Date, Specifications, Price
Galaxy Note 8: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Full Specs, Features,Release Date & Price
平成鸚鵡籠中記 ～へいせいおうむろうちゅうき～: 次期iPhone 対 Galaxy Note 8：ベンチマークスコア