Mobile App Management (MAM) controls access to internally developed and commercially available mobile apps used in business settings on both company-provided and “bring your own” smartphones and tablet computers.
– 200 mil number of “mobile” workers that using mobile business apps in 2013.
– 50% of mobile apps deployed will be hybrid by 2016.
– 25% of businesses will have an enterprise app store by 2017.
Mobile Device Management (MDM) secures, monitors, manages and supports mobile devices, including mobile phones, smartphones, tablet computers, mobile printers, mobile POS devices, deployed across mobile operators, service providers and enterprises.
– 75% of businesses allow employees to use personal devices at work.
– 60% of devices reported by info workers are used for business and personal purposes.
– 50% of info workers use 3 or more devices.
– Many MAM solutions incorporate 80% of MDM’s essential functionality.
– 65% of enterprise will adopt a MDM solution over the next 5 years.
– 70% of organizations surveyed have policies in place for connecting “BYO” devices.