Developers use different bug tracking tool and software development project management platform that are helpful to make sure coding or development work is error free. This article presenting 11 free bug tracking tools that help developer in removing any error or bug from program.
Bugzilla is server software designed to help in manage software development.
- Optimized database structure for increased performance and scalability
- Excellent security to protect confidentiality
- Advanced query tool that can remember your searches
- Integrated email capabilities
- Editable user profiles and comprehensive email preferences
- Comprehensive permissions system
- Proven under fire as Mozilla’s bug tracking system
Release of Bugzilla 5.0rc2, 4.4.8, 4.2.13, and 4.0.17 on 2015 Jan 27
BugLogHQ is a free and open source tool to centralize the handling of automated bug reports from multiple applications. BugLogHQ provides unified view of error messages sent from any number of applications and servers, allowing developer to search, graph, forward, and explore the bug reports submitted by the applications.
What’s New in BugLogHQ 1.8:
- Users can now be restricted to access only specific applications assigned by the Administrator. Restricted users will only be able to see bug reports for their assigned applications and create rules for those applications.
- CRUD screens to manage Severities, Hosts and Applications. These are accessed through the Settings page and are only accessible to users in Admin role.
- The REST listener can now receive data in the body of the HTTP request encoded as a JSON object.
- Checkpoint Tracking. The CFM client now has a checkpoint() method that you can use to track checkpoints or milestones during the page execution. If a bug is sent, then those checkpoints will be displayed on the full bug report.
- Remote Listener. This is a different listener type that allows the BugLog webapp and the Listener endpoint to be on separate servers, while at the same time allowing the webapp to control the listener.
- Individual users can now be assigned their own API keys to submit bug reports
- Added option to toggle on/off the automatic creation of hosts/severities/applications when a new bug report is received.
- Rules changes are now applied immediately without the need to restart the listener service.
- CFM applications using the buglog client can now set the application name explicitly, max depth for cfdumps and toggle logging messages locally.
- Added a basic ANT build script for generating a ZIP file suitable for deployment.
LogDigger tools help to collect and classify detailed error reports and logs for Java applications.
Free, lightweight and easy to integrate
- Works with any Java web development framework.
- Only 500KB in size, no external dependencies.
- Standard Edition is FREE for use and distribution with both non-commercial and commercial applications.
Detailed error reports created automatically. On an exception logged or thrown, LogDigger creates an error report containing:
- Context related data (accessed URL, POST params, server info, etc.)
- Request-level logs
- Custom application data
List user actions preceding the error
- LogDigger Connector can track user actions and include the recent history with created error reports, helping developers in reproducing and tracking down the bug.
Multiple error notification mechanisms
- Send an email (with link to details or have them included)
- Pull via RSS
- Build a custom module and send via HTTP POST
- Send to BugDigger service for automatic sorting, notifications and issue submission to bug tracker
Built-in web interface for error insights
- There’s no need for an external error logging server (or service) as LogDigger Connector 3.x has a simple web module accessible within your application. Use it to review all collected error details and related log messages.
Lighthouse will simplify workflow so you can do the job you were hired to do.
- Automatically Organize Tasks – As you create and tag issues they can be categorized behind the scenes automatically.
- Make Better Use Of Your Email – Stay in your happy place. Create and reply to tickets directly from your inbox.
- Consolidate Your Projects – You can see the status of all your projects in a simple overview and follow along with feeds.
- Unify With Customer Support – Your staff can create new Lighthouse tickets directly from Tender, our customer support service.
- Set And Meet Goals – Use milestones to help you plan features and establish release dates.
- Share Documents & Images – Attach documents or images directly to tickets so anyone on your team can find them.
Bugify offers simple way of managing issues for projects. Easily integrates with existing source control system so you don’t have to change the way you work. Bugify is about keeping track of issues.
- Email notifications – Fine tune your email notification settings to turn the noise up or down.
- @Mention users – Include other users in your comments so they know what’s going on.
- Labels – Add labels to issues for better categorisation.
- API – Bugify has a powerful API so you can integrate however you want.
- Realtime desktop notifications – Most browsers support desktop notifications.
- Follow other users’ issues – Keep tabs on issues you’re interested in, even if they’re assigned to someone else.
- Issue priorities – Mark issues as high, medium, or low.
- Source control integration – Integrates with git/svn/hg/etc
- Powerful search – Easily find the ticket you want.
- Saved search filters – Create your own view for issues that are important to you.
- Issue linking – Reference other issues to connect them.
- Milestones – Global milestones allow you to have issues from multiple projects with the same deadline.
- Easy software updates – No more downloading or FTP’ing. Just click the button to update.
- History tracking – See what happened and when, including diff support on changes.
- Markdown for formatting – Full Markdown editor included.
- Keyboard shortcuts – Become a mouse-less pro.
- WebHook support – Integrate with third-party services (or your own tools).
- User / Group permissions – Control who has access to which issues.
- Multiple languages – All your users can see Bugify in their own language.
- Drag and drop attachments – Easier than click and find.
Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management. Trac provides an interface to Subversion and Git (or other version control systems), an integrated Wiki and convenient reporting facilities. Its goal is to simplify effective tracking and handling of software issues, enhancements and overall progress.
Trac allows wiki markup in issue descriptions and commit messages, creating links and seamless references between bugs, tasks, changesets, files and wiki pages. A timeline shows all current and past project events in order, making the acquisition of an overview of the project and tracking progress very easy. The roadmap shows the road ahead, listing the upcoming milestones.
Latest Stable Release for the 1.0.x line – Trac 1.0.5
Issue tracking that’s powerful enough for developers, and easy enough for clients.
Snowy Evening features:
- Beautifully Clean Interface
- Simple All-Project Overview
- Easily Add Issues, with Multiple File Uploads
- Easy Issue List Filtering
- Smart Search
- Perfectly Clear History
- Smarter Comments
- jsFiddle, jsbin Embeds
- GitHub & BitBucket Integration
- Easy Gist Embed
- Remote Error Reporting
- and more……
MantisBT is an open source issue tracker that provides a delicate balance between simplicity and power. Users are able to get started in minutes and start managing their projects while collaborating with their teammates and clients effectively.
MantisBT is a popular open source web-based bug tracking system. Built on PHP and supports Linux, Windows and Mac OS X on the server side. Compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and IE 7+. Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Email Notifications – Keep your team and clients updated with notifications on issue updates, resolution, or comments.
- Access Control – Per project role based access control for users putting you in control of your business.
- Customizable – Flexibility to customize your issue fields, notifications and workflow.
Redmine is a flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database.
Redmine main features:
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible role based access control
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Gantt chart and calendar
- News, documents & files management
- Feeds & email notifications
- Per project wiki
- Per project forums
- Time tracking
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Issue creation via email
- Multiple LDAP authentication support
- User self-registration support
- Multilanguage support
- Multiple databases support
The latest stable version of Redmine is 3.0.1 and 2.6.3
RT is a battle-tested issue tracking system which thousands of organizations use for bug tracking, help desk ticketing, customer service, workflow processes, change management, network operations, youth counselling and even more.
RT 4.2 is a major update builds on work in 4.0 to improve on 3.8 series. Request Tracker features include:
- Critical information is always available and all in one place
- Completely customizable to organization
- Mobile-optimized interface for iPhone, Android, and WebOS devices
- Dashboards and relationship graphs to show the big picture
- Search for users and see customized summaries of them
- Seamless PGP support for encrypting, decrypting, signing, and verifying outgoing and incoming email
- S/MIME integration equivalent to our PGP support.
- Richtext editing to easily format correspondence
- Time tracking and reporting, including support for service level agreements
- Build charts that summarize activity by time and other fields
- Integration with existing user login system
- Easy branding and custom theming with theme editor
- A self-service interface for non-users to interact with tickets
- Articles for built-in stock answers and a staff knowledge base
OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions. OTRS bug tracking software is written in Perl. OTRS has all standard defect tracking features that you would expect.
What’s New in OTRS 4 Patch Level 7:
- Updated translations.
- MySQL: Added check for innodb_log_file_size setting to both the installer and the support data collector in order to make sure it matches the minimum requirements.
- Improved performance on Article Attachment read from Database.
- Allow multiline chat feeds; reduced chat request polling frequency.
- Improved automated scrolling of article table in TicketZoom, if a new active article is not completely visible in the article table.
- Make sure article data is escaped properly in timeline view.