How to Grow Business with Customer Service
These 5 tips are critical to keeping your customers happy. And you want to keep your current customers happy since the probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-10% versus 60-70% to an existing customer.
- Customers want to make sure they are being heard. Always respond to complaints and comments – no matter what channel the customer chooses.
- 88% of consumers are less likely to buy from companies who leave complaints unanswered.
- HotelTonight, a mobile app for last-minute hotel reservations, saw 300% growth in bookings due to their fast, awesome customer service.
- 82% of consumers say the number one factor that leads to a great customer service experience is having their issues resolved quickly.
- BarkBox, a monthly subscription service that delivers treats and toys to dog lovers, looks at every customer service interaction as an opportunity to show their unique personality.
- Personalized responses improve click-through rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%.
- 90% of consumers will always check a website before emailing or calling you.
- Having a custom support center that reinforces your brand can help you build it and grow.
Engage On Social
- Customers want their favorite brands to be active in the social media sphere. Be sure to build a presence through your social channels.
- 46% of online customers expect brands to provide customer service on Facebook.
- 83% of complaints that received a reply on social media liked or loved the fact that the company responded.