Socialcast done an Infographic to show details of different statistics on freelancers which are the fastest growing face of the global workforce. Increasing popularity of mobile devices together with explosive growth of apps and cloud-based computing are making more convenient for freelancers for work.
Below are some interesting statistics taken from infographic:
– Most freelancers are men (76.6%)
– Average age of full time freelancer is 32 years old
– 43.8% of freelancers get the bulk of their training by teaching themselves.
– South American freelancers work the most with an average of 49 hours/week.
– Easiest way to get a freelancing job is by referrals at 34.2%
– Top reason for freelancing is the flexibility, followed by having creative control over projects.
– 40% of freelancers report having trouble getting paid wages they’re owed.
– Google Docs, Dropbox, and Skype are the most commonly used tools.
– Only 8.1% want to return to full-time employment.
[Click to enlarge]