- Make the URL shorter: URLs ranking #1 have 50 characters on average.
- Add content types they haven’t: Include graphics, animations, interactivity, and / or video. Interactive content converts 2x better than static content.
- Create a better title: CTR has a .67 correlation with ranking.
- Make it simpler to read: The average Flesch Readability score of content ranking #1 was 76.5 (easily understood by 13- to 15 year old students).
- Make it better structured: Users want their answers fast. Content ranking #1 had a bulleted list 78% of the time.
- Make the font bigger: Pages ranking #1 had 15.8px font on average.
- Make it faster: On average, pages ranking 1 – 2 had the smallest max image file size of the top 30 results.
- Make it more visual: The average article ranking #1 has 9 images.
- Source professional photos: High quality images get 121% more shares.
- Include an image every 75 – 100 words: These articles get the most shares.
- Use floating share buttons: Floating share buttons increase social traffic by 27%.
- Include a tall image: The average page ranking #1 has 12,000 pins, and 800px tall images get 57% more pins than average. Also, tall images (infographics) make it easier for outside sites to link to your content.
- Make it more linkable / shareable: Pages ranking #1 have more links and shares than competing pages.
- Link out: Sites ranking #1 link out 50% more than position 10. Reaching out to 3 – 5 people mentioned on your post can increase shares by 3 – 5x
- Make it longer: The average resource ranking #1 has 2,416 words.
Share socially at the optimal times:
- Facebook: Thurs – Sun, 1 – 4pm
- Twitter: Mon – Thurs, 12 – 3.5pm
- LinkedIn: Tues – Thurs, 5 – 6pm
- Pinterest: Sat – Sun, 8 – 11pm
Do better cold outreach:
- Send emails on Monday and Tuesday (Monday converts 80% better than Thursday).
- Send emails from 9am – 2pm PST to catch people at work.
- Don’t share the link in the first email to bloggers (this increased conversion by 63%).
- Keep your emails around 80 – 90 words (short, but not too short).
- Pitch at least 30 days in front of popular holidays (bloggers schedule 30+ days in advance).
Source from Siege Media
Quality Content and Content Marketing 101 [Interactive Infographic] by Cent Muruganandam
On-Page SEO by Search Engine Marketing
The Real Process Of SEO by Christian Goetzman
Increase Search Engine Ranking Easily Using Geo Tags by Jesse Distad
We Went to Content Marketing World, & It Was Pretty Spectacular by Gemba Marketing
Content Marketing & SEO: Inextricably Linked by Carolyn Shelby
Making B2B Content Marketing Effective by fondalo
Move Over Content, Context Is Coming to Get You by Mordecai
Organic Search vs. PPC: How Optimized Content Can Reduce Your Marketing Budget by Ryan Walton
3 Goals Every Content Writer Must Keep In Mind by Ronell
SES Chicago: SEO Diagnostics for the Skilled Search Engine Mechanic by Tribune Content Solutions
Keeping Your Content Fresh is a Blessing and a Curse – Part 1 Steve Bau
Begun The Search Engine Wars Have – As Yoda Would Have Said! by SEO5Consulting
SIX CONTENT MARKETING MYTHS – DIGITAL MARKETING WISDOM FOR BUSINESSES by Catherine Lockey
Social Media Strategy: Why You Need One by Iain Murray
Ello, Ello? What do we do now? by Eye Candy Europe
Customer experience and product instructions (part 3) By Sharon Burton
Link Building Is Not What It Used To Be by Victoria Stankard
Want Clients to Give In? Social Ad Marketing is Key! by media
SEO & Website Page Speed by Philip
15-Minute Formula for Writing Irresistible Headlines by Michael Harrington
Marketing Secrets by Dave Cottrell
Your Website Needs Traffic by David McCann
Evergreen Topics to Write About – Guide to find them for ANY Industry by Logic Inbound