Bethesda.net announced release of DOOM Update 6.66 on July 19 2017, with revised progression system, new rune system for loadouts, enhanced kill notifications, SnapMap, new multiplayer DLC, game fixes and improvements. DOOM Update 6.66 is free for all players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
— Bethesda Softworks (@bethesda) July 19, 2017
New features in DOOM Update 6.66:
- Multiplayer DLC is now bundled into the core DOOM game for free include nine DLC maps, three additional guns, three additional playable demons, new equipment, armor sets and more.
- Revised progression system will alter when and how players unlock additional guns, demons, equipment and all of the player and weapon customization options through specific leveling requirements or through in-game challenges that the player can complete.
- New rune system replace Hack Module system enhance player abilities are now persistent player abilities earned and included in a player loadout.
- Enhanced kill notifications: New death screen will list out the combination of players, weapon types and damage inflicted.
— DOOM (@DOOM) July 19, 2017
Bethesda is hosting DOOM Free Trials Weekend, players can play the first two Campaign levels and all of DOOM Multiplayer and SnapMap. DOOM will also be on sale for $14.99 (US) / £11.99 (UK) / $17.99 (AUS) (digital purchase only) during each platform’s respective weekend, any progress made during DOOM Free Trials Weekend will transfer over to the full game.
DOOM Free Trials Weekend schedule as below:
- Xbox Free Weekend: 11am CT on Thursday 07/20 to 11pm CT on Sunday 07/23.
- Steam Free Weekend: 12PM CT on Thursday 7/20 to 3PM CT on Sunday 07/23
- PS4 Free Weekend: 11am CT on Thursday 07/27 to 11pm CT on Sunday 07/30.
— DOOM (@DOOM) July 19, 2017
We’ve retired the DOOM season pass and are making all of the multiplayer DLC content available to all players,
That’s three multiplayer DLC packs, which include nine of our best maps, three additional guns, three additional playable demons, new equipment, armor sets and more. That’s on top of the modes and features, like bot support, that players have been enjoying since late last year.
Much like the Runes system from the DOOM campaign, multiplayer Runes are now persistent player abilities earned and included in a player loadout. Unlike the previous Hack Modules, Runes do not need to be activated and do not expire. Runes are persistent capabilities (or perks) that become a consistent and predictable component of your loadout and play style.
According to DOOM game director Marty Stratton
The #DOOM servers are now back online and Update 6.66 is available. All DLC: Unlocked!
— Bethesda Support (@BethesdaSupport) July 19, 2017
DOOM Update 6.66 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.
Bethesda.net DOOM General Discussion: DOOM Update 6.66 FAQ and Patch Notes
Bethesda.net: The ‘Ultimate’ DOOM – Update 6.66, All DLC Unlocked, Free Weekends