If you own a small business, you will know all too well that time is a precious commodity as you consistently try to juggle numerous important tasks. This selection of magnificent apps will help you with essential activities such as communicating with team members, tracking time and keeping organised.
Apps for Team Communication
Skype for Business
Skype doesn’t really need any introduction – for many business owners, it is the first port of call for video conferencing, VoIP calls and instant messaging. Skype for Business integrates with Microsoft Office and allows you to stage a call with up to 250 people.
- Hold online video meetings, messaging and calls with up to 250 people simultaneously.
- Transfer files during the course of a meeting or conversation.
- Share your video and view speaker’s video during a conference.
- Control a meeting by adding, muting or removing attendees.
- View upcoming meetings and join with 1 click.
Cost: $2 a month, additional features available for $5.50 a month.
Slack is a brilliant app for streaming team communicating. Conversations are sorted easily, file transfer is straightforward and it has been proven to reduce the need for time-consuming meetings.
- Real-time messaging and file sharing for 1-to-1 and group conversations.
- Simple archiving to find information easily.
- Integration with apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Twitter.
- Instantly syncs across all devices.
- Customise notifications so that you only get those that you need.
Cost: Free – can upgrade to more advanced version for $7 – $8 a month.
Apps for Payments
PayPal is a great platform for paying staff, allowing you to connect a series of bank accounts for quick, easy transactions. This app also enables you to process cheques, electronic invoices and payments from a customer’s existing PayPal account.
- Full flexibility for making payments.
- Accept credit and debit card payments.
- Track payments easily.
- No long-term contracts.
- Only pay 2.7% of transaction fee for each swipe, chip and pin or contactless transaction.
Cost: Free – Pro Plan with extra features is $30 a month.
This app uses a small, portable credit and debit card reader to make transactions quick and simple. It is especially convenient for businesses that reply heavily on point-of-sale purchases.
- No Internet connection needed.
- Text / email receipts.
- Enables customers to leave a tip.
- No monthly fee.
- Sales transferred to your bank account within 1 working day.
- Real-time inventory tracking.
- Access to real-time sales data and full sales history.
Apps for Time Management
RescueTime keeps track of the amount of time you spend on applications and websites, reporting back with a detailed breakdown so that you can see exactly where your hours are going.
- Accurate time tracking for all mobile apps.
- Logs time spent on voice calls.
- Logs time spent on a website.
- Goal setting to help with meeting productivity targets.
- Historical productivity reports to track progress.
- Suggests ways in which users can be more productive with their time.
My Minutes is ideal for business owners who struggle with keeping track of time. You can use it to set time limits for specific tasks and it will notify you when the time has elapsed.
- Set minimum / maximum time periods for specific tasks.
- Set tasks to repeat on specific times or days.
- Receive notifications when time has elapsed, or when time targets ar achieved.
- View a weekly track of how you’re progressing.
- Keep motivated with a series of inspiring quotes.
Apps for Project Management
If a team within your workplace is collaborating on one project, this app is a great way to share files and updates so that everyone on the team is kept in the loop about the progress being made.
- Trade information easily and quickly between group members.
- Scheduling for both project activities and non-project activities.
- User-friendly interface.
- Record all client and member feedback.
- Instant messaging “pings” for time-sensitive discussions.
Asana is great for viewing a checklist of tasks in one window and quickly assigning workers to specific tasks. It can also be integrated with several other programs, including Google Drive and WordPress.
- Easily add tasks and assign team members to tasks.
- View due dates and progress of tasks.
- Use conversations to communicate with team members and give feedback.
- Customise inbox to only receive relevant notifications.
- Upload large documents and files.
Apps for Keeping Organised
For business owners with a constant need to take notes for future reference. Evernote is a dream. You can save everything from Word documents to images, videos, PDF files and audio in one easily accessible place.
- Save files in a variety of format to 1 place.
- Scan physical documents to create soft copy files.
- Sync to any computer or mobile device.
- Work on 1 device and pick up where you left off from another.
- Share documents and communicate with other users of the app.
- Plan meetings or company events.
- Set reminders and compile to-do lists.
Cost: Free – Paid upgrade options available.
IFTTT (if this, then that) is a hugely convenient app which automates actions provided that certain conditions are met. For example, you can ask it to post all of your tweets to Facebook or even switch off some electrical items in the office when you set your Skype status to offline.
- Use 1 app to instigate actions in another.
- Compatibility with more than 200 apps.
- Save time by prompting activities from 2 apps simultaneously.
- Complete rudimentary yet essential tasks by collaborating between apps.
Source from All Finance Tax